Monday, April 8, 2013

Easy DIY - Vintage Pillowcase Tablerunner


We had a few family members over on Easter Sunday, and, even though I rarely get into tablescaping, I do enjoy it on a few occasions, such as this one.  Since I do not own any many fancy plates or table linens, I decided to improvise with two adorable pillowcases, which I found at Goodwill a few weeks ago.  They were perfect, since they had that delicate, Spring-esque look to them.  Here's how my table turned out.


Yep!  That's two pillowcases.  No need to sew.  I just brought them together in the middle, and then I created a very simple centerpiece to make it look not so obvious.  Some silk flowers that I've owned forever, a clipping from one of my mom's plants in a vase, a candle, and an empty candle holder filled 1/4 of the way with shells from the Florida coast!


Everything was Tigre approved.


Sharing this post with Mod Vintage Life, Sugar and Dots


4 comments:

  1. Love the use of vintage pillowcases, I made a quilt from them. Newest follower, stop by for a
    visit and hope to see you follow, my quilt is on my blog. Cute kitty and nice table setting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw your quilt, and it's exquisite! Actually, all of them are! Thank you, Marilyn.

      Delete
  2. Simple and pretty, love it. Found you from MVL.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying to keep all of my decor as simple as possible lately! Thank you stopping by!

      Delete

Would love to hear from you!