Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Gift Wrap Repurposed

giftwrapmvwm-1

Not saying our cabinet is a total mess.  It's just that I have it sitting right in the front of our house, and I do not need everyone to see what I'm hiding away.  I would never permanently change it. My grandfather built a handful of these out of old fences and barn wood; it's an extremely sentimental piece.  So I had an idea...

 

I saw a beautiful roll of gift wrap at HomeGoods one weekend, and I just knew it would look great somewhere in my house...because that's what you naturally think when you buy wrapping paper. I measured it against the open portion of the cabinet doors, cut, placed it against the inside of the doors, and used pushpins in a few spots to hold it up!  When I get tired of the design, I can instantly change it out.  It is looks a little bit warped at the bottom, but that's actually where the screen is dented from being moved around over the years.

wrappapercabmv-2

Sharing this post at Sugar and Dots, House of Hepworths, Funky Junk Interiors,

4 comments:

  1. what a lovely piece of furniture- such a treasure- and excellent idea to use the wrapping paper like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sure my grandfather would greatly appreciate the compliment. :)

      Delete
  2. What a pretty paper. I just covered over the glass on my secretary desk... I think it makes everything look a little more tidy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhh, pretty! And I agree. Definitely pulls it all together, Cynthia! Thank you!!!

      Delete

Would love to hear from you!