Thursday, April 4, 2013

How I Made: Plantain Chips

My family is from North Louisiana.  So, you can assume I grew up with your traditional southern and Cajun recipes.  When I met my husband years later in Central Florida, I was introduced to a whole new world of food.  Like for real.  Plantains, yuca...what is that?!  Basically, our family likes to have a big ole mix of southern and Cuban style recipes in our home.  Talk about AWESOME.

My first recipe for the "How I Made" food series is plantain chips. 





I also came up with a very easy sauce.  If you don't like greek yogurt or blueberries, do not try this at home. I was too lazy didn't have a lot of items to make my own sauce, so I improvised (scary) with some Oikos Greek blueberry yogurt, by adding garlic powder, sea salt, dill, and rosemary.  It actually tasted pretty good.  Next time, I wouldn't mind trying a remoulade sauce.  Yum.


Sharing on House of Hepworths, Sugar and Dots, Liz Marie Blog, House of Rose, Tatertots and Jello, I Heart Naptime


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!