Monday, April 15, 2013

Le Shelves

I have a bookcase in my living room, and I think I got about 3/4 of the way with refinishing it, before I ran out of paint.  We desperately needed to get some items out of the way, so I just shrugged my shoulders and brought it inside of the house.  I am so lucky that the "rustic" look is in right now.



Here it is (picture from The Late, Young Family) last year, on the left of the TV.  Nothing fancy.  At all.  Books, DVDs, etc. all randomly thrown up there.  And if you are wondering why the shelves are so unevenly spaced out, it's because they used it at my husband's office for product placement.


I finally made an attempt to make it not such an eyesore.  Here is said attempt:








A nice roundup of golds/coppers/whites, clear glass, and random thrift store buys.  Some of the clear glass vases are actually food containers or cleaned out candles.  I have quite a collection, and I love displaying them all together.


I am slowly working on the rest of the bookshelf.  I bought a basket from Target the other day, along with some canvas organizers.  I'll post once it's all done.  So next year?  ;)

Also, I have been informed that the email sign-up is not working, so I'll be looking into other options.  Feel free to follow me on Instagram and Pinterest.

Sharing this post with Monday Funday. Sugar and Dots, House of Hepworths, Inspire Me Please, Funky Junk Interiors

2 comments:

  1. I am always amazed at people who can put an eclectic assortment of things together and have it look beautiful. You have done just that! I love it. I'm inspired to start thinking outside of my matchy matchy box.

    Have a great weekend!
    Denise :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise, I think my ability to pair odd things just came out of necessity, lol! My mother also bought tons of random craft show items while I was growing up, so a lot of it has to do with that as well. Thanks!

      Delete

Would love to hear from you!