Thursday, April 18, 2013

Quiet Home

Every now and then (once or twice a year DOES count), I have a day to myself.  As you know by now, staying home with my kids is my absolute favorite.  But it's also exhausting, and I am lucky enough to have some fantastic family members, who are kind enough to watch my son.  My son spent some quality time with his great-grandmother a week ago.  I planned on cleaning a lot, but I didn't get too much of that done.  That may or may not have been on purpose.  Target for an hour with no kids is DANGEROUS.  Once I got home, I cleaned up a little, picked up my daughter from school, and started cooking some lasagna.  No TV or music on, the dogs and cat were napping, my daughter was playing with the neighbor.  Pure silence.






The coral curtains were once white, but I dyed them.  More on that in a post coming up next week!


Those are dried roses from Valentine's Day.  How Haunted Mansion of me.  ;)


If anyone wants to know, my recipe is 1 box of oven ready lasagna noodles, 2 jars of regular pasta sauce, 1 bag of shredded mozzarella, a lot of ricotta (enough to cover a 2 or 3 layers), and ground beef ( I added a tiny bit of cajun spice to it).  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cook ground beef until browned on the stove at medium/high heat, and then add your pasta sauce.  Layer a small amount of the beef/sauce mixture onto the bottom of your pan to keep pasta from sticking.  Make a single layer of lasagna noodles (break, if needed), one layer of beef/pasta sauce, layer of ricotta, layer of mozzarella.  Repeat last step.  Cover with tin foil, and bake for one hour.  Take tin foil off, and cook 30 more minutes!  The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!