Thursday, June 27, 2013

Patriotic Embroidery Hoop Wreath (via The Late, Young Family)

I haven't worked on any craft projects for a while, but I wanted to share this post I did last year on The Late, Young Family.

Patriotic Embroidery Hoop Wreath

I have not been super crafty in a while.  Places to go, people to see.  Ok, not really, but more busy than usual.

Ignore the run-on sentences, grammar freaks.  You know how I roll around here.




This is my first attempt at crafting for the 4th of July.  I mean, it's not like there's a shortage of these types of decor all over the place, but I believe in some good ol' patriotism.

What I used:

-Yarn (blue and aqua)
-Red lace (because I ran out of red yarn)
-Doilies
-Embroidery Hoop
-Glue gun.  Always a glue gun.


1.  Started with the aqua-colored yarn by wrapping it around the embroidery hoop. I used the glue gun very sparingly (glued at the start, middle, and at the end of the strand).
2.  Wrapped a larger section with the blue yarn.
3.  I repeated that pattern one more time.
4.  Carefully wound the red lace around a slightly larger section of the hoop.
(Not shown above - repeated the blue, aqua, lace sections about 2.5 more times (started with the blue first).
5.  Dollar Tree doilies were pinched in the middle to create a flower-like effect.
6.  Glued about 10-12 doilies on remaining section of the hoop (see below).


And that was all!  I think it took me about an hour to complete, due to the whole yarn process.  I had the time.



(I used that extra nail below the doilies to center the wreath).



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!