Monday, July 29, 2013

I Ran Out of Paint

Blue Ocean Floor by Justin Timberlake on Grooveshark

I am the worst about figuring out how much paint I will need for a furniture project.  The worst.  Wait...there's websites that will help you with that?  Tons of tutorials to look up on Pinterest?  Whoops. Silly me! We received a new-to-me dinette table from my mom's house.  The color (a dark green) was blending into the gray walls and wasn't doing anything for the kitchen as a whole.  I discovered this picture a few weeks ago, and it instantly became my inspiration:

Click on this source if you're wanting to pin this image!  Don't pin it from my page, as it is not mine.

Yes...a Great Gatsby inspired wedding cake.  I have always adored a good gold and mint combo.
I went to Lowes and bought 4 cans of Valspar spray paint (2 metallic golds and 2 Color Radiance Mellow Springs).  The Mellow Spring is a very pale mint.  I had enough gold for the main portion of the table, but not enough mint.

Since it was about to rain, I had to bring everything in, finished or not.


2 1/3 of the chairs still need spray paint, and I am looking for fabric to cover the worn chair pads.  Here it is so far.


I've been looking around for some great patterned fabrics, and I'll be happy to share my favorites in a new post soon.  Here's a fun photo just for kicks, even if the door mat is going partially up the door.  Can't win them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!