Thursday, September 5, 2013

DIY Raven Tree

I rarely ever decorate for Halloween.  We are definitely more into just good old Fall decor (obviously), but this year I am finally doing something I have been dying (get it) to do for a long, long time.

When I think of Halloween, I think of All Hallow's Eve.  Kind of whimsical, kind of fairy tale-ish.  A little bit of Hansel and Gretel mixed with The Headless Horseman and Edgar Allan Poe stories.  That's my style.  I understand it's a bit early, but it will probably take me that long to pull it all together.  I'm going to keep the decorations to our porch, since I like to keep it a little more traditional inside our house.



The above is my first step to our Fall/Halloween porch transformation.


Pretty awesome stuff.  They sell the ravens at the Dollar Tree, and the dead tree (yes, a whole tree) came right from my backyard.  I poured some old mulch into a large flower pot and arranged everything to my liking.  I'm hoping to find another tree to add to the other side of the door, to create an arch effect.  What do you think?

Sharing this post with:
Funky Junk Interiors - Link Party Palooza - C.R.A.F.T. - Classy Clutter -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!