Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Vintage Christmas Inspired Wreath

I have a tutorial for you!  Can you believe it?!  I feel like I haven't done any major crafting in ages, and it was GREAT.  Since we will be out of town this Thanksgiving, I keep my basic Fall decor around, until after I return, but I'm considering starting the week before we head out.  I know...such a mind boggling decision. ;)

BUT

I did make a wreath.  This year I am going with the rustic style I used last year, and I'm mixing in some eclectic vintage touches.  Here are the steps to making my Vintage Christmas Inspired Wreath.


1. Wrap a raffia wreath (I find they're cheaper than styrofoam and very sturdy) in 1 inch strips of fabric.  I chose two different striped patterns, red and green, and went half and half.  I secured each section with a hot glue gun.  I bought half a yard each, but I still have plenty left over for other projects.

2. I bought two packs of two bottle brush trees from the Dollar Tree.  I simply added "snow" to them by dabbing on white acrylic paint to the bristles.

3.  I hot glued on some moss to the bottom portion (the green end) of my wreath, then dabbed on more white paint.


4.  The bow was quickly made out of some red, gold, and burlap scraps.  No fancy bow making - just knotted up 4-5 inch strips of the ribbon/fabric and hot-glued it on.

5.  I unscrewed the base of the bottle brush trees and hot-glued them into the moss.

That's it!  Here is the final product.


Sharing this post with: The Weekly Creative - Link Party Palooza - Funky Junk Interiors - Inspire Me Please - Classy Clutter - Monday Funday -

2 comments:

Would love to hear from you!