Thursday, January 2, 2014

Display

I spend a lot of time on my home.  It's not fancy, a lot of things are still a huge mess, but I do like to decorate my mess.  I look at and live in my home everyday; I pretty much reserve the right to make it a suitable environment for myself and my family.


It's eclectic.  Not a lot of matching items.  It's us.


And maybe one day we'll change our minds, and we'll want better color schemes and nicer furniture.


Random little knick-knacks all stacked up onto each other.  Treasures from the beach and photos I treasure.


Then I'll change it all out as quickly as I change my mind!

Some of the prints in the first photo were found on the Graphics Fairy website.

Sharing this post with Inspire Me Please Linky Party - The Weekly Creative

3 comments:

  1. Hi there! Found you through LizMarieBlog's linkup and am glad I did. I love this post and the low-key images. I've been working on some high-key ones and this was a pleasant surprise from what I've been focused on. Aside from that -- I love the idea of decorating "around the mess." I feel the same way. It doesn't all match and I think that's what makes it the most meaningful and beautiful. I like for looks to appear collected over time and somewhat random, but intentionally put together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've gone the high-key route, and, at the time, that was the style that worked for me. I just wanted to portray how my home feels. It's been quite the brooding character lately, lol. It's not always bright, and that morning, it was very quiet and dark. It took a while to figure out how to decorate with all of our "trinkets", but they all fell into their own little places eventually. Thanks, Celena! Have a great weekend!

      Delete

Would love to hear from you!