Friday, February 7, 2014

Mardi Gras Masks for the Kids

I was born and raised in North Louisiana.  Instead of jumping right into Valentine's Day crafts after Christmas, we were rocking green (faith), purple (justice), and gold (power), collecting beads and doubloons, and getting ready for that big parade!  Don't forget the King Cake!  YUM.

Mardi Gras actually starts on March 4th.  Last year it was February 12th.  It moves around with Ash Wednesday, which is why it's always different.

I made a fun little printable in 2013, that you can find here on The Late, Young Family blog.  This year my kids and I made some Mardi Gras masks.



I found these basic black and white masks at Joanns (they're usually located where all of the feathers and boas are).  I bought an assortment of feathers, glitter glue, and sequins.  We used markers and crayons at home.


After the kids drew their design and colored, colored, colored, they showed me where they wanted the feathers and sequins to go, and I attached them with a glue gun.  That's it!  I love sharing my Louisiana traditions with my family.  Now someone go get us some crawfish and king cake, stat!

Sharing this post on:
Inspire Me Please - Link Party Palooza - Classy Clutter -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!