Thursday, May 22, 2014

Patriotic Inspired Vignette

While I realize my last post was in March, feel free to check out my Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook pages (links in the sidebar).  I do, however, plan on getting back to blogging more regularly and possibly looking at advertising, guest posts, and all of that fun stuff!  Maybe even some basic photography tutorials/ideas (as if there aren't enough on the internet, but we'll put a mouseVOLATILE spin on it).


I have not been all crafty like I used to be on The Late, Young Family blog, but I finally got over my creativity slump. I used my "hard-earned" birthday money at Joann Fabrics, and I bought a few pieces of unique, red, white, and blue inspired ribbon. With Memorial Day and July 4th around the corner, I thought a patriotic wreath to hang on the front door would be perfect.

Grammar police, I know about my run-on sentences and misuse of commas.  Do not give yourself a headache. ;)

I got home and decided against it.  My door is so dark, and I knew it wouldn't stand out with all of the even darker colors in the wreath.  I decided to pull everything I already owned, along with the new stash, and created a Patriotic vignette in our dining area.


I created three small, various sized wreaths.  With some hot-glue and ribbon/rope, I wrapped the wreaths in random areas.  I also created burlap bubbles with the blue ribbon for the larger wreath.  Burlap bubbles are tedious, but the result is always great.  There are tons of tutorials - search for "burlap bubble wreath." The embroidery hoop wreath is from a craft that I did a couple of years ago, except the doilies are gone.  I then took all 4 of them and placed them randomly onto an old window I have hanging up.



The American flag banner actually belonged to my grandmother in Georgia.  I tried hanging it up across the window, but then decided to use some command tape in order to create a vertical line for symmetry.

I also turned our globe (garage sale) to face the United States and surrounded it with a few knick-knacks and flower bed clippings placed in baby food jars.


I found the above Memorial Day printable at HMH Designs.  I use that mini clipboard to showcase photos and printables throughout the year.  I bought it at Target last year in the dollar bins.


Sharing this post with:
Liz Marie Blog |  Blissfully Ever After |  Love of Family & Home |  House of Rose |  Link Party Palooza |  The Party Bunch Link Party |  DIY Showoff  |  The Creative Collection Linky Party |  Creatively Unleashed Link Party |  Monday Funday |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!