Saturday, June 21, 2014

One Dollar Prop and Window Light (Photography Tutorial)

I ventured over to the Dollar Tree, before picking the kids up from summer camp.  As I was perusing the aisles, looking for craft ideas, etc., I stopped at the seasonal decor section (currently 4th of July inspired).  Lots of cute bows, banners, and wall signs, but you'll see below what simple little item caught my eye and led to a great, inexpensive photo opportunity.


She had on a basic, white tank top, and I placed the red, white, and blue garland on top of her head (loosened it and made it slightly messy).  I don't own any fancy lighting equipment - this is just back light from her bedroom window.


Of course, I played around with the files in Lightroom and Photoshop, but there are many camera phones that can give you the same "halo" effect, just by placing someone in front of a bright source, such as a window.  Download some free apps and experiment.  I might be trying it out with my Samsung this week and posting it on Instagram (username: mousevolatile).  Just make sure your camera is focused on the darker portion, and it will brighten it right on up.


Hope you enjoyed this easy tutorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!