Friday, November 21, 2014

Blush-Toned Reindeer Wreath

Well, we had a few days of cold, and now it's going straight back up!  This is expected though.  I don't think Central Floridians (and further on down) can ever be fooled by our crazy so-called Winters.

On to the next craft!  I have managed to create a second wreath.  Actually more - the other two were very simple, and I'm going to use them to pull together whatever vignette I create.  I'll post those as soon as they're up.  I do, however, want to show you this particular wreath, considering it offers a more neutral palette, if you're not wanting to go the traditional route.


I think the colors are beautiful!  While I can go crazy with some intense colors and patterns in my decor, I never underestimate the beauty of simplicity.



I was at Joanns and I grabbed a 1/2 yard of that lovely floral fabric, and I ripped it into about 1.5" pieces.  I then wrapped those pieces around the raffia wreath form (just like I did on the ribbon here), hot-gluing every so often to hold it in place.



Once I had the very top portion left to cover, I stopped there and wrapped some very pale pink alpaca yarn around it.  You know, just to give it some added texture.

After the wreath was entirely covered, I grabbed two greenery sprigs (once again - just like the Santa wreath), and placed them on the opposite side of the yarn section, facing away from each other.  I chose the color as a more subdued green, so it wouldn't overpower the tones.

The reindeer was another plain wooden cutout found in the ornament section at Michaels.  It went through about 3-4 color changes, before I decided (with the help of my husband) to go with gold.  It dried, and I glued it right in the middle of the green sprigs.  I did have to go through with more glue underneath the sprigs, because it was a bit wobbly.  I made sure it was secured well enough, and that was it!  Hope you enjoyed this tutorial!


Sharing this post with:

Inspire Me Please - Link Party Palooza - Found and Foraged - Skip to My Lou ("Made by You Monday") - Coastal Charm ("Show and Share") - DIY Showoff - Inspire Me Monday -

3 comments:

  1. This is soooo pretty! Thanks for sharing! Also wanted to remind you about the “Found & Foraged” linky party tomorrow (Saturday) at 8pm. Can’t wait to party with you at http://www.houseofhipsters.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks, Kyla! I will definitely have to check it out. I love House of Hipsters!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you joined us for the party! Your wreath is so beautiful! PINNED! And thank you for joining the Found & Foraged link up party. We hope to see you again this Saturday! Happy Thanksgiving! PS, I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!