Monday, November 17, 2014

Embellished Yarn Trees - Christmas Craft

I have been working on so many projects lately, which I honestly thought I would never have the time for, with working nearly full-time and taking the kids to all of their activities.  I finally decided to take that me time, and it has been GREAT.

Last week, I shared my Santa wreath (click here to see).  Now, it's time to show you these adorable Christmas trees I managed to whip up. I made plenty of yarn-wrapped pumpkins in the past - I decided to go the tree route this time around.  


It started off fairly simple.  Four different sizes of foam tree forms, then some lavender, turquoise, and yellow yarn.  I planned to just wrap up the tree forms with hot glue and call it a day, but I later decided they needed more.

I ripped up some burlap pieces, grabbed some raffia (raphia?), other pieces of yarn, and WENT TO TOWN. 


I also noticed a trend...the trees totally had some LSU pride!  Ha!  It was completely unintentional, but sometimes a Louisiana girl, stuck in a Florida Gators world, just can't help it. In order to give them some added height, I hot-glued on a few old candlesticks.  You can find those at the thrift store any day.


I love the texture and variation these items will add to my decor!  Can't wait to use them!


Sharing this post here:

Skip to My Lou ("Made by You Monday") - Coastal Charm ("Show and Share") - DIY Showoff - Inspire Me Monday - Someday Crafts - Savvy Southern Style - Vintage Inspiration Party - Inspire Me Please - Link Party Palooza -

6 comments:

  1. These are so pretty. I love the colors and the fun embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Betsy! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you like my yarn trees. It was a lot of fun improvising with them.

      Delete
  2. So fun and easy for all crafting levels. Love your embellishments, the textures really make these yarn trees pop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, they were super easy to make, and the yarn wrapping bit was a great excuse to take my time and catch up on my tv shows. :)

      Delete
  3. Yay for LSU trees! They really turned out cute, and so easy! I'm a Louisiana girl too.... and stuck in a Texas Longhorns, or better, Dallas Cowboys, world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo! Geaux Tigers! There are actually quite a good bit of LSU fans here in Florida, which always surprises me, but it could just be that I notice them more.

      Delete

Would love to hear from you!