Monday, November 10, 2014

Rustic-Inspired Santa Wreath

We are not going to decorate the house for Christmas until after Thanksgiving, but I have not hesitated with my crafts.  Not one bit.  Christmas craft explosion in the office, y'all.  The man down the road from our house has been blasting his Christmas lights since a few days after Halloween...I don't feel nearly as guilty about posting anything here!  It's all for the sake of making sure we have plenty of time to grab our supplies.  Sounds good to me.


So far, this is my favorite Christmas wreath I have ever made.  I feel like the last 2 or 3 wreaths have been so-so, and they didn't last either.  This one is just way more pulled together and actually looks store-bought.  I apologize for the muted coloring on Santa's face.  You'll see in the photos below that there's a little more "warmth".

I bought most of the supplies at Michaels, and thank goodness for sales and coupons.


Raffia wreaths always seem fuller and sturdier than foam wreaths.  They're usually cheaper, too.  I bought the red ribbon at half off, and I wrapped it around the wreath as evenly as possible, using hot glue to secure it along the way.  I ended up not having enough ribbon to fully cover it, but I did have some wide burlap ribbon and covered that section.  It ended up being just what the wreath needed.

I found the wooden Santa ornament (not painted)and gave him the usual red hat, white beard, rosy cheeks look.  While that dried, I hot-glued 2 festive greenery sprigs, then later added Santa.


That's it!  Here's a quick run-down in the photo below.



Hope you like it! And, yes, I'm very happy to FINALLY be back with a new craft post, as it has been way too long.

Sharing this post with:

Skip to My Lou ("Made by You Monday") - Coastal Charm ("Show and Share") - DIY Showoff - Inspire Me Monday - Savvy Southern Style - Someday Crafts - Inspire Me Please - Link Party Palooza -

7 comments:

  1. What a cute Christmas wreath...gotta go share it on my facebook page. Thanks so much for coming to my party.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Linda! I am flattered and beyond thrilled that you shared it on your FB page.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. What?! That's so awesome! Thank you, Kristin!!!

      Delete
  3. This is really cute and simple. I will be featuring this at Wow Us Wednesdays this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you find the Santa ornament? I've never seen one but would love to try a version of this myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jen! I found it at Michael's. They had quite the selection of unfinished wooden ornaments.

      Delete

Would love to hear from you!