Sunday, December 28, 2014

Farewell to the Decor

I hope everyone has been enjoying their Christmas and holiday season.  We have been busy, as usual, but I want to take a moment to finally share how we kept things a little festive in our home.


The pink Christmas tree was added about 3 years ago.  My husband knew I was head over heels for one, and he randomly surprised me with it.  I bought the ornaments on clearance at Target last year, after the holidays.  It was exciting to open up our storage boxes and rediscover them - I completely forgot I bought those treasures!  The owl jar was purchased at a pawn shop "garage sale" a  couple of months ago.  $5!


Decorating this bookshelf has become a tradition, and I typically change it around with the seasons.  I save all of my glass jars and display them randomly.  Every now and then I take one for bathroom or kitchen storage, or I use them as mini flower vases.


I found a spot for my reindeer wreath (click here for the tutorial) on one of our other antique windows.  I then scattered real and fake plants throughout the display.  There is typically at least one natural Christmas vignette in our home. The "PEACE" sign is from Joann Fabrics.

Now most of it is boxed up.  I have never been one to keep decorations out until the New Year.  For me it loses that Christmas spirit, once the 25th has passed, and I am ready to start fresh.

I would like to wish everyone a safe and happy New Year!  Enjoy your 2015 blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!